WEST JAVA SURF TOUR – CIMAJA, SAWARNA, TURTLES – UJUNG GENTENG 13D/12N
SURFING IN CIMAJA – PELABUHAN RATUNowadays Cimaja - Pelabuhan Ratu is a popular surfing destination in the world, and is one of the best contributors to Indonesian surfing athletes, in addition to easy accessibility, this region is also growing rapidly in terms of infrastructure, is what makes this area a favorite, other than the fact that he consistently produce waves reaching an average of 5-7 ft, in his best season Cimaja waves can reach 10-12 ft. Cimaja can be reached by walk from the main road about 300 meters past the rice fields and coconut trees.
Another surf spot around Cimaja
- Indicator Point: It has a shallow coral bottom, which works well with heavy swell 7 ft + and a high tide. It’s a long wall with a constant tube that shuts down after a 150 – 200 m down the line drive. If you want a speedy workable wave you’ll find it here when the conditions are right.
- Karang Papak: This is a surf spot a fun wave, which is good when Cimaja and Indicators are crowded or closing out and good when small swell coming and the tide is high tide.
- Karang Hawu: About 15 minutes drive to the west of Cimaja, has both of waves directions, good for beginner surfer, this beach also haves Surf School (Indonesia Surfing Republic)
- Karang Aji: It is a clean wave, which wraps around a large rock, then goes between two large rocks about 60+ m apart this wave can give fun rides up to 100 m.
- Cikembang: is an everchanging sand and rock bottom righthander. When the big swell from S or SW come, so it will be good for this place, which will hit the outskirts of the reef from the reef point to the end shore break at the beach until about 150m long. The waves here are mellow and the power is not so strong, it’s very good and suitable for longboarder and beginner surfer, but do not rule out the possibility for the experienced surfer to ride this waves or the place next door it is the Cikembang indicator. The car is very hard to get close to the point (except if we bring a high car). Usually, we walk down from the car park to the spot and it will take about 20 minutes.
- Noname Secret point: The Secret Point "Noname" This reef break about 80m long barreling left-hander and not allow without local surf guide this is a special spot for local surfers, the blue clear water, and white sandy beaches one of the favorite spots which is only reached by boat to this spot. This is the spot that the local surfer escape from the crow, have to be careful when it’s low tide. Intermediate to advance surfer.
SURFING IN SAWARNASawarna is a rural area with lots of rice farmland cultivated by local inhabitants, administratively entered the area of Banten province, located approximately 1.5 hours drive to the west of Pelabuhan Ratu.
In addition to its popularity as a surfing destination, Sawarna also become one of the favorite tourist destinations, beautiful beaches cannot be doubted, combining natural shades of green and the beaches are clean and beautiful.
Accommodation can also easily be found in the region with a very affordable price, as a surfing destination, Sawarna has a reputation that can not be doubted. It has a solid wave with heights reaching 10ft. If Cimaja was not fun because the waves are small, so you can drive to Sawarna which have more consistent and stable waves.
SURFING IN UJUNG GENTENG
Ujung Genteng is approximately 2-3 hours drive from Pelabuhan Ratu eastwards, he was still part of Sukabumi, this region also has developed the infrastructure, we can easily find accommodation with a variety of diverse rates and facilities.
Lately, Ujung Genteng is also become a favorite tourist destination for domestic and international tourists because of its beautiful beaches.
The reputation as a surfing destination no doubt, he has a pretty popular surf spot, among others:
Ombak Tujun – O7: Ombak Tujuh O7 Surf spot Ombak Tujuh translates as Seven Waves and is definitely the big wave surf spot, capable of holding swells up to 20ft (7m). The coral ledge protrudes into deep water, forcing the waves to jack up suddenly, making for elevator drops, right by the cliffs.
Big wave experts only as the power and deepwater hold downs are serious, keeping crowds thin on big days. Needs a big swell to perform and longer pintails are a good idea.
Turtles Point Only a 15-minute walk from your accommodation. Turtles point barreling left-hander can get insane, best at low tide but gets shallow. longest barrels up here works from 2 to solid 6 foot and depending on the swell and winds can hold bigger.
Also, you will get a wave out the front of MAMA'S Losmen spot a left-hander that can deliver some magnificent surf waves but with the wrong winds can be a mess worth checking out.
SURF TOUR ITINERARY 13D/12N
Arrival and Transfer to Pelabuhan Ratu (Cimaja)The first day, upon your arrival in Soekarno Hatta international airport Jakarta our staff will welcome you, and after introduction and brief chat we will drive to Pelabuhan Ratu in Sukabumi with our provided transportation to bring your surfing gears with you. The trip will take approximately 6-7 hours depends on the traffic condition.
Surf around Pelabuhan RatuIn the morning our surf guide will meet you in your hotel and after briefing about surf spot location, we will start our surfing activities. You will get your best waves in the best surf spots around Pelabuhan Ratu, we will arrange for you necessary transportation or any other things you may need during the tour.
Surf around SawarnaIn the 6th day, we will take you to Sawarna, one of the best surf spot in West Java with its consistent and stable waves. When the waves in Cimaja are small, the local surfer will move to Sawarna. During your surf activities in Sawarna, we will provide for you at the nearest hotel to the surf spot so you surf whenever you want. Also, we will have enough time to explore many interesting popular tour destination in Sawarna.
Surf around Ujung GentengUjung Genteng have 2 main surf spot are Turtles point and Ombak Tujuh (O7) or seven waves, we will explore and ride the best waves in these two amazing spots and many others surf spots around the area. We will arrange the nearest hotel to the beach for you and you can surf whenever you want. In addition to the surfing activities, we will also invite you to visit Cikaso waterfalls, witnessing the turtles laying their eggs in the night on the beach and many other interesting activities.
Transfer to Airport (Jakarta)At the end of the tour program, we will transfer you back to Soekarno Hatta international airport Jakarta or any other place you’ve decided. We hope we can see you again in the next tour program.
We can arrange your surf trip easier and unforgettable if you have shorter days to enjoy our home break West Java, click Cimaja, Sawarna, and Turtle point for a shorter surf trip, we can help and suit what you need.
1. Transportation during the tour, including airport picks up and transfer.
2. Lodging accommodation for 12 nights nearby surf spot in Pelabuhan Ratu, Sawarna and Ujung Genteng.
3. Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the surf tour
4. Friendly trained local Surf guide
5. All tickets and admission fee
6. Tour to many interesting places around the area
Not Included Services
1. Airport tax
2. Personal expenses (Beverages, Laundry etc)
contact us for detail price